19 Apr 2012

Heavy moving!


I have recently sent off four Sunday Papers tables to Holland, Two 32cm diameter and two 63cm diameter. The large ones where very heavy and at the limit of what I would make from this method (rolled newspaper). The Easter bank holidays postponed delivery by a few days and unfortunately in my rush to get them to the customer I haven't got any photos of the finished pieces (cardinal sin) but it was more important to get them shipped ASAP.

I was delayed the week before as the glass supplier didn't check the glass and the first time it arrived it had zinc contamination marks, annoying and slack and it's this sort of rushing that can ruin a relationship with a supplier, luckily I always check things personally and noticed it.

Examples of this type of table can be seen at :
(The closest image is the second from the right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment